Monday, March 25, 2013

William Ramon Murray

Willliam Ramon Murray
9lbs 8oz  
 22.5" Long
 March. 18, 2013

We are so happy to announce that our Will is finally here! We are all beyond smitten with our perfect chubster. 

(If you want to skip the labour story skip now)

Monday at 6pm I was calling family to let them all know when we'd be do the baby blessing and making food arrangements. When I stood up I thought I had peed a little and was thinking "oh dear". Then realized my water had broke. I stood in the tub for an hour before my mom arrived and we headed into the hospital. I never knew how much "water" there really is, they broke my water when I was in labour with Levi and nothing came out. So I was shocked that it just didnt stop coming and that I had to walk into the hospital with a towel in between my legs. By this point I was just cramping but worried that my labour was gonna go fast. We checked in and I was at 4cm and at 7:30pm I was having contractions about 4 mins apart. And because I had the best nurse ever she asked if I wanted to order the epidural. of course I wanted too! By the time I got it contractions were close to 2 mins apart and it was 9:30pm. Once I got it I was in heaven, just a little cramp here an there when I had a contracion. Easy peasy! So when the nurse said my contractions weren't progressing and if I could get oxytocin to help speed things along I thought why not? Well that really sped things up and really amped up the pain levels. It no longer felt like I even had an epidural any more. By 11:30pm I was fully dilated and knew it was time. So they called the dr that was on call and in my mind it felt like it took an eternity for him to get there, in reality I think it was 15mins. I remember at one point half jokingly yelling out that he needs to hurry and get here! I had a really hard time calming my breathing to get through the pain but Dave and my nurse were great. Before It was time to push I remember looking at Dave and saying "I am never doing this again". Dave just laughed at me! I think it was about 11:50 when I started pushing and at 11:52pm he was here! 2 pushes and he was out, I may have kept bragging saying I am a champion! It was all so surreal how fast it went for me. I am so grateful for that, we were so ready to meet him. It made my recovery a little harder this time but I still feel lucky with how good I am feeling.

Will has truly been a phenomenal baby, I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying that. He's been amazing at nursing, which has been such a relief since it didn't work out last time. And he takes a soother...
We were so excited for Levi to come meet him! Levi was pretty stand offish in the hospital but soon as we got home he was in love. He asks all the time to hold him and tells us every morning how much he missed baby Will while he was sleeping.

We let Levi buy a gift for Will to bring to the hospital and then we had a present for Levi when we got home. He was pretty excited about his new tractors.

Thursday (21st) was our 5th anniversary! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. We didn't get to go out but it was still a pretty special day for us to just be at home with our 2 boys. Dave snuck away and got me some flowers!
See those cheeks?? I could nibble them all day!
 We've had so many visitors come and congratulate us. We feel so blessed to have such a large amount of love this past week. Thank you to all the help we have had and all the thoughtful gifts. We've been so spoiled.

We sure love our baby Will and just can't get enough of him. We are all smitten by his good nature personality and all his snuggles. I already wish time would just slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment