Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Last night was our house visit from an officer. Wasn't as scary as I thought it was gonna be. It was only one officer and he was in uniform but not a patrol car. So not as intimidating as 5 officers all in uniform showing up in patrol cars. Which was a huge relief I was so nervous! The officer asked us a bunch of questions about how we grew up, what our families are like, is there anyone who's violent in our family? My favourite question was do you have any crazy ex's that we should be aware of? What considers crazy ??
The best part of the evening was finding out that they are down to 13 applicants and are hoping to hire 10 or more. WOOHOO! Our chances are really good. We are trying so hard not to get our hopes up! The officer said he says this to everyone, but if you don't get hired don't be upset and reapply! You'd pretty much be guaranteed a job next time. Right now they have people they want but it comes down to experience, confidence, are they already trained, and education etc.. So we will know next week what gonna happen! Thanks again for all the support we get through this process!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
We made our own “babylegs”.
Tupperware is the new hat.
A little surprise for dave after he got out of school.
This is what he found inside, along with a box of goodies.
this poor kid was so over tired but we couldn’t resist getting some pictures of him in his frog coat. I LOVE the top middle one, look at that frown. its no wonder how he gets away with so much.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
-1/2 C margarine -1 Tsp Vanilla
-7 TBSP Cocoa - 2 C Flour
-1 1/2 C Sugar - 1/2 Tsp Salt
-4 Eggs - Chopped nuts (optional)
Melt margarine; add cocoa then set aside. Beat eggs, add sugar and vanilla. Add the chocolate mixture, flour, salt and nuts. Preheat waffle iron. Drop teaspoons, 4-5 at a time. Cook 1 minute. Ice with chocolate frosting while warm.
Mine had to cook from 2-3 mins just keep checking. Also don't put a ton in or you'll have a HUGE mess :) trust me!
So scrumptious! My sister brought these over the other night. YUM!!
An update on LEVI: We spent half the night in the ER and today he seems to be on the mend. Thank goodness! He had a few tears today and 2 wet diapers, this is huge progress compared to how dehydrated he has been.
An update on DAVE: This Thursday he meets with the Psychiatrist (everyone has to) to go over their Psych test. Then we just wait for the call.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
- A picture of yourself with fifteen facts
- A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest
- A picture of the cast from your favorite show
- A picture of your night
- A picture of your favorite memory
- A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
- A picture of your most treasured item
- A picture that makes you laugh
- A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
- A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with
- A picture of something you hate
- A picture of something you love
- A picture of your favorite band or artist
- A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
- A picture of something you want to do before you die
- A picture of someone who inspires you
- A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
- A picture of your biggest insecurity
- A picture of you when you were little
- A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
- a picture of something you wish you could forget
- A picture of some thing you wish you were better at
- A picture of your favorite book
- A picture of something you wish you could change
- A picture of your day
- A picture of something that means a lot to you
- A picture of yourself and a family member
- A picture of something you're afraid of
- A picture that can always make you smile
- A picture of someone you miss.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Im VERY excited to think of the prospect of going back to school. We have been discussing quite a bit of me going back to school!! IF Dave gets hired on I will be going back to school later this year. I am so very excited. I hope to be taking Medical Assistant at Reeves College. They offer an accelerated 2 year program into 9 months. Its Mon-Fri 1-5pm. I can't wait. The reason its an IF is because we both can't be in school and pay for daycare/babysitting.
Monday, March 7, 2011
The biggest scrape.
We had an exciting weekend. I learned I am not as brave as I thought and Dave is way braver then me. He handled this like a champ! The life guards seemed more shook up then he was. I'm sure the Taber Aquafun Center will be checking that the diving board’s new resurfacing was done right. Were glad to say the x rays came back and his spine and neck are good. No concussion! He came home from the ER with a clear bill of health! Thanks goodness, it freaked me out more then it did for him.
This kid loves to be naked! But its okay, he’s pretty cute!