Tuesday, March 29, 2011

success / milk / check up.

            Yesterday was Levi's 8 month check up and it was so good to see he gained back the weight he lost after being sick. He's now 19 lbs 1 oz and 29" long. That puts him in the 25% for weight and 90% for his height. What a little string bean. No wonder all the 6 month clothes are too short but all the 9-12 month clothing fit length ways. We got the go ahead to start homo milk and it thrills us beyond belief! Formula is stinkin' expensive but the best part is that it should help Levi start to want food more then his bottle. Formula has so many calories that it's filling Levi up that he's never hungry enough to want to eat. So we're hoping that this will give us some more oppurtunites to get him to want to eat food.          but..... HUGE SUCCESS this morning!!!! I don't know why but Levi gags on everything, even if its pureed. Ive been trying so many things to get him to try different textures. He ate 1/2 a carrot muffin this morning!! Seriously made me so excited! Yesterday I tried some and he just kept gagging on it. It stresses me out because he seems to hate eating and I try to make it fun and I can't seem to get him to want to eat much lately. So this morning gave me a flicker of hope that I will not be pureeing his food in 5 years.
 haha goofy kid, this is pineapple. he hated it!

No comments:

Post a Comment