Saturday, April 21, 2012

Our week {slightly eventful}

I feel like this week was eventful but at the same time not so eventful. So here's a few things that happened!
 We did the Coaldale Family Fun Run - 5km! Dave did it 25mins- awesome job!!! I did it well in 50 mins, but I can't run at the moment so I had told myself to just take it easy and pace myself. When Dave ran ahead of Levi and I he did not approve of this. He wanted out of the stroller at that moment! So the first 10mins or so I was calming levi down. Soon as he was ok he crashed for the rest of the race. Its a nice easy race ( no hills!! ) but the gravel was a little annoying.
 This afternoon we took Levi and Benson to the Childrens Festival. It was such a blast! The boys saw a dog show, got to go play in the petting zoo, got balloons and "bob the builder" hats. So worth the smelly crowds just to see them light up!
 Levi loves to "dress himself" I say that sarcastically because he doesn't dress himself. He picks the clothes and then tells me where to put them. Mittens on the feet? Why hadn't I thought of this yet :) He seriously cracks me up!
The imagination has started and its really fun to watch him explore.

 When we put levi to bed at night the routine is as follows:

Good night to everything, literally even the fridge gets a good night from levi.
turn on music
get into crib and tuck in his monkeys
say prayers and tell monkeys its goodnight
then i read a book to him
then he reads it to the monkeys once I leave the room.

I started having him put the monkeys to bed to give him a feeling of responsibility. He also then has heard severals times its time for goodnight. Seems to help. Anywho he loves putting the monkeys to bed, so other night I see him putting all the animals to bed in their barn before he went to bed... So stinkin cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment