Monday, October 18, 2010

getting healthy.

I'm trying to get healthy and loose some weight. I've been trying to figure out what my fallbacks are and why I always seem to fail my diets. So this time I'm not doing a “diet” or setting a number of pounds to loose. I just want to feel healthy and have more energy of course being a size 8 would be fantastic but small steps first. I use to just get really strict and cut lots of things out and then all of a sudden I would collapse. Now I'm just learning to cut things back slowly and start calculating calories. Also I'm learning what labels mean and what amounts of fat, protein, salt and carbs you should consume. What I really need is a healthy buddy… anyone want to do this with me? You don’t have to live near me I just need someone that can hold me accountable and be able to discuss issues I'm having. I'll be able to do the same for you. If you do live near me I'm going to start hitting the gym Tues. & thurs come join me and help me get even more motivated. I'm going to update my blog with my successes and problems, its not to brag or get any sympathy its for my sake. (isn’t that usually what blogging is about?) Every Monday I'm gonna TRY to update and write my goods and bads for the week. Here’s some fantastic things I have found so far that I'll share for anyone wanting to get healthy too:

10 Tips to Eating Healthy.

1. Eat a variety of nutrient-rich foods.

2. Enjoy plenty of whole grains, fruits and vegetables.

3. Maintain a healthy weight.

4. Eat moderate portions.

5. Eat regular meals.

6. Reduce, don't eliminate certain foods.

7. Balance your food choices over time.

8. Know your diet pitfalls.

9. Make changes gradually.

10. Remember, foods are not good or bad.

This may be just common sense for some people but I have to always take a step back and remind myself. so this is now printed out and going on the fridge. Sorry honey no more baking and snow bob runs.

ps: tomorrow may be another long post, about bubbs turning the big 3 MONTHS!

No comments:

Post a Comment