Friday, November 19, 2010

a {Sappy Lovey Dovey} long post..

Well our little man is 4 months old today. In a way its been the longest and somehow fastest 4 months of our life. He has changed our world forever. Some days it feels as if he’s always been a part of us and other days we just marvel to think this little miracle came from us. He is becoming such a mini Dave. He isn’t the easiest baby but sure makes it up with the giggles, and big smiles. He smiles and lights up soon as Dave gets home from school or I walk into the room.

I was talking with my dad this morning and we were discussing how a child learns more in the first 5 years of their life then they will in the rest of their lifetime. Kind of makes you feel the pressure eh??

Little Levi we sure love having you in our family!

levi4months

My aunt sent me a book and I received it yesterday. I'm already 30 pages into! It’s a collaboration of women's different experiences of motherhood. The stories range from post-partum depression to adopting to miscarriages to the perfect baby. Its so great for me to read because as I have been reading it I realize that it’s okay not to be perfect, nobody is. I would recommend anyone to read this.                                           

image

Thanks again Auntie Barb!

On another side note:

The day we brought our new SUV home the starter went on the truck. Of course right? So I have been vehicle-less this past week. Its been cold and snowy, too cold to take the little man out for walks. So needless to say, I have been starting to get cabin fever. Last night I told Dave I was so excited to go to the bright lights festival and to midnight madness on friday (today). He informed me he needed the car that night. BAH! He is volunteering at a wine festival with the Leo Club and would need the vehicle to drive people home. I had been looking forward to this all week. So I had a little bawl session and then realized how big of a boob I was being! The next morning (today) I awoke to the cutest love note on my night stand. Dave and I have hardly seen each other all week. He leaves for school at 6 in the morning and sometimes doesn’t get home till 5:30 and then studies all night. I think he has maybe gotten a total of 15 hours of sleep all week. He has so much homework and tests these next few weeks. So I am so grateful for that little note that tells me how much he appreciated me. Shouldn’t I be the one giving him the notes? He works so hard to achieve high marks and school, so how does he have the time to give me the love notes?

I am so grateful for my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment