Thursday, February 24, 2011

fear.

I have been so overwhelmed with feeding Levi solids. It has been such a fear for me. Am I starting fruit too soon, should I not give him meat yet, or should I have started this veggie first etc.. I also get freaked out because Levi can’t stand textures. Soon as anything gets remotely close to the back of his tongue he would gag himself till he either a) threw it up b) swallowed it c) spit it out. I was absolutely terrified to start anything that wasn’t mashed/purred or liquid. Well let me show you my new best friend.

IMG_4102

They are rice cereal in cookie form. Super messy but its teaching Levi to grab his own food and put it in his mouth and its helping with the textures-gagging problem. Also my fear is slowly being conquered with the books I’ve been reading. I'm ignoring everyone's advice – no offense to anyone who gave me some but it was just confusing me more. Some say give cheese and yogurt at 6 months others say NO WAY wait at least 9 months. Give them this but wait don’t give them that. Oh it was just a big ol stress for me! So as any kind of parenting goes were doing what suits us and works for Levi. Guess what? He’s still alive and just gobbling everything up, sometimes with a weird face but he eats it none the less. We know he’s doing well he’s now 18lbs and 28 3/4” long!

Enjoy some of these messy eating pictures:

002 - February 20113

2 comments:

  1. I hate all the conflicting advice too! It's driving me nuts! I wish there was just one source of info that you could trust! Euan is soooo into food but I never know what is "ok" to feed him. I always play it safe with the jars. Any words of wisdom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute pictures! Trey is coming up on 6 months pretty soon, and is starting to notice when were are eating and drinking, it's so cute! I am like you, in that I don't really listen to others people experiences, no one knows and can read your baby like his own momma!

    ReplyDelete