Thursday, August 9, 2012

I did it!!

I am (over?) protective of Levi.

I feel uneasy if he isn't strapped into the cart.
I panic if he's not in my sight.
I worry if he steps off the sidewalk.
I become a momma bear if another kid pushes or says mean things to him.
I hold his hand constantly to keep him as close as possible.
Parks and pools aren't relaxing for me.
I'd put him in a bubble if I could.
I feel guilty if he gets hurt.
I don't let him play in our yard without me watching.
I stress the entire time someone is babysitting him.


These past few weeks I've been trying harder to let go of certain things.

And today I am giving myself a pat on the back.

I let Levi walk next to the cart and help me get groceries. There was anxiety of him taking off on me but he actually held onto the cart the whole time. Could have been the toy story toothbrush I bribed him with?

Baby steps.

I'm learning and hopefully I'll loosen up a bit. Just a bit, not too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment