Monday, November 24, 2014

2014


Everyone's asleep in the house. Its quiet and rare. I'm listening to Christmas music while sitting next to our Christmas tree. Thoughts are just swarming around, I find lately its getting harder and harder to find some quiet time to just ponder. Life just gets busier and busier. But tonight its there, and I feel blessed. 

As this year is closing I keep reflecting back to where we were a year ago, and how things are so different. Last year at this time we were up at Daves graduation in Edmonton and moving Dave to Airdrie. It was so many emotions, and so much unknown. I am so grateful for where we are and that we made it. That was an extremely hard time for me, and reflecting back I realize its made me so much stronger of a person. Made our family so much stronger. Change is hard but change is good. 

Will was just starting to crawl and walk the walls, now he's talking lots and so busy. Will has the most delightful personality, he is very aware of others feelings. He's a ham and knows it. Loves to make everyone laugh. Loves to kiss and hug, he is always willing to snuggle. This kid has moves, and loves to dance. If a fun song comes on in the car he always bobs his head to the music.

Levi has grown tremendously. I'm so proud of how well he's adjusted. He is so good at making new friends, I hope he can always have these social skills. He is very much becoming a leader. He is willing to take charge and problem solve. I am so excited for him to start kindergarten next year. Levi just loves to learn, he still asks me a ton of questions everyday. He's doing swimming lessons again and getting braver in the water, it makes us so proud.

Dave is on a new rotation for work, he's now running the okotoks courthouse. Its an earlier shift, so he leaves here about 4:45-5am and if he isn't stuck in court or have a prisoner run he's home by 4:30pm. There's been a lot of overtime with this new shift, and the unpredictability has been an adjustment for me. We just got use to the mon-fri 7-6pm hours. But Daves enjoying this new change, running his own courthouse. What a good man, I'd never wanna get up at 4 am.. yesshh! He also just got called into Young Men's and I think it'll be fun for him, I doubt he'll complain to have to go camping. HA!

I'm still babysitting 2-3x a week and hair's slowly picking up. Eventually I'll just do hair in the evenings. These last few months I'm finding it all a little overwhelming. But I've learned a lot about myself and learned to really treasure the time alone with each of my boys, and my nights alone with Dave. I've really been enjoying my calling, its been a really great way to get to know the ladies in our ward. Plus I love a good party, and now that I'm planning them I know its gonna be a good time! 

A year ago who would have thought we'd be moving to Strathmore and now call it home. We love this town and can't wait to quit renting and settle down here. Ive got the home owners itch again. I feel so blessed for the way things have turned out and can't wait to see what 2015 will have in store for us. 

What a wonderful year and we've been blessed greatly.



No comments:

Post a Comment