Monday, September 25, 2017

family + fall

Phew, we made it another week! It was another busy one with a lot of late nights but we got tons done. Dave finished the cnc router + fixed our van that was considered a write off. I got everything done for the wholesale side of the website to launch our new supplier side of the business. We had parent teacher interviews + big first in the parenting world.



Dave + I are very strict about internet, electronics and the safety around it. Because you can't be too careful. We thought we'd been doing everything to protect them. They can't even get onto netflix without us putting in the passcode. So our world got a little rocked, when a neighbour kid showed our kids an extremely inappropriate video. Hearing your 4 year old describe what he saw inside, can rock you to your core. Everything I've done to protect them, all their innocence. It was gone. I have grieved as we've had to chat about things I've never imagined discussing with them till older. Or even ever for that matter. Thanks to my sister for lending us Good Pictures Bad Pictures till ours arrives, its been great for walking us through this process. Im glad my boys felt comfortable enough to tell us what happened and Levi was smart enough to tell the person who showed them the video it was inappropriate and they need to go home and tell their parents whats on their ipod. So new rule in our house, no electronics from friends in our house. 






It was the kids primary presentation so my parents came up for it + it's nice having them here. I find i get pretty homesick now and we're one of the farthest siblings on both sides of the family now. Im grateful for their sacrifices to always come and support our children in the little things that matter so much to them. It was so nice to get to the RS broadcast with my mom, sister in law and niece for her first time. We all went out to montana's for dessert + appys after. It was just what the soul needed. food, family + uplifting talks. 


the VAN"S FIXED!

oh be still my heart. 


While the parents were here we went and checked out Nose Hill Park by our house. It was absolutely beautiful. Fall is my favorite season, the colors, the crisp air. It was perfect. Dad and I got to walk awhile by ourselves and have a heart to heart. Watch my kids hold my parents hands, Lucy ride on papas shoulders, the boys chasing grandma up and down the hills. Its the moments I want to bottle up and hold onto forever. 

In the midst of all this chaos we still managed to squeeze in family photo's. Laura always amazes me + we can't wait to see them. We bribed the kids with frozen yogurt after. Which may have been a terrible idea, it was 5 degrees and started to pour during the photos so we were all soaking wet and cold. But the kids loved getting to pick some toppings out.






“You are not supposed to be happy all the time. Life hurts and it's hard. Not because you're doing it wrong, but because it hurts for everybody. Don't avoid the pain. You need it. It's meant for you. Be still with it, let it come, let it go, let it leave you with the fuel you'll burn to get your work done on this earth.” - glennon doyle melton

Learning to be still with the trials we are facing + allow them to be me, then to pass through and move along. To learn and grow but to not suppress those emotions and let them fester.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You guys are such good parents! What hard conversations to have!

    ReplyDelete