Friday, September 4, 2009

i am a chimpunk...

Well yesterday was the BIG day. All 4 wisdom teeth were extracted. We had thought i was being put out, like completely asleep. HA! No it was just IVS, big surprise to me when i woke up and became conscience half way through! thankfully i had awesome dental assistants to help me calm my hyper ventilating and going into shock. they had to help me get my heart rate down before they could finish. it was the worst thing ive ever heard or felt. i could hear them cracking my one tooth because they couldnt get it out. GROSS! then i could feel lots of the pressure and my mouth had started to unfreeze on the right side. poor dave could hear me in the waiting room crying and asking why i was awake? I am so grateful that the drugs have not made me crazy or have any hallucinations. yesterday went fairly well besides the fact my arms and legs were tingly and the left side of my face stayed numb 12 hours longer then it should have. i was nervous because the dentist had never heard of anyone having numbness in any other areas besides the face. but all is well. im starting to look like a chipmunk but i feel awesome and am being spoiled like crazy from dave! just giving an update! thanks for all the phone calls or emails of concern!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're doing okay after all that! Hopefully you'll heal quickly! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete