Thursday, January 21, 2010

So this month ive been crafting away. Heres a few of the things ive been doing:

1st. Lei Lani's Baby Shower:


This is a candle holder made out of baby food jars. Just cover with scrapbooking paper and flare with some ribbon. The website I saw used bows, i am not a bow type of girl so I just wrapped around with 2 sided tape and viola!

Some pictures for the gift table, just used some sock monkey scrapbooking paper instead of a mat.

Some more pictures, I did a few collages of Lei Lani and Max as babies with a center picture of Benson. Black picture frames are centerpieces too.

Heres the "B" in Benson, I created these letters to hang up at the shower on a window. I started with a canvas an it took 4 coats of brown to cover it. Then pick your paper and trace out your letters. to make it easier i just printed off my letters on to the paper and cut them out. then glue on with a glue stick. make sure its just really thick to seal it so you dont get bubbles. Then MODGE PODGE, and again podge modge. do thin coats and lots of them. I used a gloss and would recommend using a mat next time.


I found the best thing in the world at Dollar Giant! its a party pack, that contained 8 favors, 8 announcements, 8 thank you's, and 8 invitations. All for just $1! so i bought 10 packs of the boy and girl party packs, so whoever has a shower next you can use these, they are a lifesaver! So thankfully my mom came one night and helped me assemble these (all 40!).


2nd: A peekaboob cover.

I went to Lei Lani's this weekend to sew my own peekaboob cover. I choose to make my own because i wanted to make it a little bigger then the ones you can buy. i made this huge so i will have no oopsies. also i made this for a whole whoppin $9! Where as buying would have cost be around $30!
Here is a picture of the boning in the top to allow you to look at the baby, without the world seeing.


Heres how to sew in the boning to prevent it from sliding.

I sewed a little pocket in the corner to hold breastpads. i used flannel to match this next picture.

I sewed in a little triangle, to use to wipe up any spills. I still need to sew on the strings to hold it around my neck.

2 comments:

  1. You are the queen of crafty!! I love everything you did - it looks awesome!! I have a whole box of breast pads you are welcome to have. I will never need them again!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete