Friday, July 15, 2011

everything that went wrong somwhow turned out great.

 On sunday night while dave was at work I decided we were gonna go do something anything! Dave hasn't had more then 3 days off in a row since probably spring break (February) and he had 4 days off this week! thats right 4 - FOUR! Ive been having a few minor jealousy issues of all the fun trips everyone was planning. we are missing most things this summer because dave works every fri-sun, so i was jealous of all this fun everyone else was gonna have. so when dave got home i pretty much told him were going to Lundbreck Falls camping and then to calgary. we can go to the zoo or calaway, we will figure out that detail later.. not important. the important part was to get up early and just get outta lethbridge for a mini get away. through a series of events nothing turned out the way we were hoping for, but still we had a fun time.
we got to the ccampground and pitched our tent, when we were told we were in the 'RV' section, so we moved into what we thought was the tenting section. The hosts came and told us we were now in the $20 section not the $17 tenting section. We had already sent the tent up the second time we weren't moving it again. we wanted to camp in the sunshine with a breeze through the tent. but in my hasty decision i didn't check the forcast and so we were POURED on, so much so it was like a lake in our tent. we woke up at 2:30 am to the puddles every where, dave was wet, the blanket soaked and i could have rung out my hair from all the water. we got into the car and decided to drive around to get Levi back to sleep. by about 4:30 he feel asleep, by this point we were now in Sparwood and decided to turn back. We got back about 5:30 and slept in our car till levis eternal clock woke him up at 7am. It had started to finally clear off and so we decided to drive back to Bellvue and go do a tour of the mine. It was interesting, a little difficult with a child ( thanks heavens he isn't scared of the dark ), and it was so cold! Only 1 degree celsius. Then we head to Frank slide and assumed that it would be free.. haha! No $10 each, which was a little to much for us. So now that it had been sunny we head back to go to the tent site to put it away.
Off to calgary we go!
We go to Darren & Lauras (THANKS AGAIN!!) we planned on going swimming but that didn't work out. Then we thought about a date but by the time we ate it was too late. So instead by wonderful SIL watched Levi, and Dave and I headed out to go geocaching for awhile. Which was nice! We hadn't gone just the 2 of us for awhile. The next morning was the free kids festival at the stampede if you got their between 6-9am. we decided to take the LRT down so we wouldn't have to pay for parking. I hate the LRT, small spaces, weird smells, creepers and the speed of it makes me wanna puke! Good thing I have a car and live where I do, cause that experience scared me from living in the big city. soon as we got close to the stampede grounds it started pouring (yes again), and as soon as we got to the gates it was 9:15 - no longer free! so now that we were all soaking wet we headed back down the LRT to our cars and decided to have a sympathy breakfast at dennys since we missed the free one at the stampede. Did I mention the sun came out when we got back to our cars? Dave and I tossed around the idea of trying the zoo but what if it poured on us again?  So we relaxed and let the cousins play and nap. Hit Ikea on the way out ( perfect way to end a vacation ) and headed home.

Nothing went like we thought and things were completely spontaneous but it was nice to go do something as a family and spend time with D&L's family! We love that live closer and that the kiddo's get to see each other. we will have to have our niece come stay with us for a day or two, her and Levi were such good buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment